List:       kde
Subject:    Re: krn
From:       Antonio Larrosa <antlarr () arrakis ! es>
Date:       1998-05-06 7:31:58

=AF- Rikkus -=AF wrote:
> =

> > Can someone tell me how to get krn to read mail offline?
> > How do you download the messages to the local machine?
> =

> You need to set up your own news server for this.
> Read the News-HOWTO (usually in /usr/doc/HOWTO)

No , no !
The main advantage of krn over other news readers is just that
you don't need to set up a news server on your computer, it
just downloads headers of articles, you mark the ones you
are interested in, and then downloads the body of ONLY those
marked messages. This is impossible to do with a news server, =

with it you would have to download the body of ALL the messages.

> =

> It's not that difficult to do, and makes life a lot easier.
Yes, but it's not necessary

-- =

Antonio Larrosa Jimenez
antlarr@arrakis.es
Personal Homepage : http://www.arrakis.es/~rlarrosa
Klein bottle for rent -- inquire within.