List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kghostscript doesn't work in the libc5 package ?
From:       Thomas Tempero <tilt () designacc ! com>
Date:       1998-05-02 17:48:38

Ming-Wei Shih wrote:

> I've got the same prob here, I've a home build system with
> libc-5.4.44 and kernel 2.0.33 or 2.1.98 and KDE b4.
> kghostview comes up with:
>
> KGlobalAccel::setItemEnabled
> keyToXSym
> Find key shift+ctrl+w
> 0
> 1
> 2
> Key = w, sym = 119
> KGlobalAccel::grabKey
> Will grab key and variants with keyboard locks: 119, 5
> Segmentation fault

I, too, am having problems with kghostscript. It fails with the above
errata.
I have a redhat 4.2 system that has been extensively modified. I rebuilt
kde4
from scratch using source. Qt is at 1.33. <blush> my libc is still at
the installed
5.3.12. I used the egcs-1.0.2 compiler to build the sources. The
deskstop is pretty
stable considering it is beta code.

On a related note, I also get application lockups on kdvi if I have eps
files for pictures
reference in the dvi file. The graphic shows OK, but if I magnify it,
that is the last
command it will respond to. I can minimize and maximize, but I can't
close it or exit.

Someone recently posted here a key sequence that will bring up the skull
and cross bones or
otherwise allow one to kill an errant application. I can't find the
reference. Could some
kind soul repost. Be a nice FAQ question as well, I guess.

Thank you KDE team.
--
Cheers....

Thomas Tempero				Design Acceleration, Inc
tilt@designacc.com			Rochester Design Center
(507) 289-8008 x 10			1530 Highway 52 N, Suite 1076
					Rochester, MN