List:       kde
Subject:    Kmail - fix for one possible crash (qgarray.cpp, line 216: Out of memory)
From:       Michael Teske <mteske () c-s-k ! de>
Date:       1998-05-01 16:51:32

Hi!

Kmail crashes most of the time if you get a mail with an e-mail address in the
first column of a line in the body. This is due to a bug in
KMReaderWin::strToHtml().

My temporary fix is to change line 535 in kmreaderwin.cpp to:
      for (i=0; (pos >= qpstr.data()) && (isalnum(*pos) || *pos=='@' || *pos=='.' ||

(It must be prevented that pos goes beyond the start of the string, or else
htmlStr.truncate(htmlStr.length() - i1 + 1); in line 556 is fed with a negative
value, so that one gets an error saying "In file qgarray.cpp, line 216: Out of
memory")

Maybe this one caused my strange index problems, too.

Bye, Michael

 --
Michael Teske
"My opinions are not necessarily understandeable."