List:       kde
Subject:    Kmail folder indices and Solaris
From:       Michael Teske <mteske () c-s-k ! de>
Date:       1998-05-01 11:31:28

Hi!

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I didn't get any answers...

I have still the problem that kmail (0.6.5 from beta4) obviously gets confused
with the mail folder indices. But I investigated further and found out, that
this only happens if I delete some mails from a folder. After doing that, many
of the other mails in the folder are shown with empty Sender and the date in the
Subject field. The contents of those mails contain usually garbage (it looks
like the whole folder file as viewed with "more").

Has anyone else this kind of problem or is it just a Solaris thing?
Anyway, I'd like to help to solve this problem, since I like kmail. If somebody
(e.g. the authors :-)) ) would like me to do more tests or have a suggestion
where to look in the source to debug it, I'd like to do so.

BTW, this did not happen with beta-3, if this helps.

Thanks, Michael

--
Michael Teske
"My opinions are not necessarily understandeable."