List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kfm & ftp
From:       Thomas Drillich <drillich () uniserve ! de>
Date:       1998-04-17 20:16:25

Me Again wrote:

> On Fri, 17 Apr 1998, AFL wrote:
> >I have been trying to figure out if and/or how it's possible to use kfm to
> >ftp to a site and use a real account/password rather than anonymous ftp.
> >The Options/Configure menu item of kfm calls-up a UserAgent but I cannot
> >find any help on programming this, in particular, where do I enter a
> >password?
> >

> Happy to be able to help as I had the same problem and received the
> solution via this very mailing list :)
>
> Put in a URL of  ftp://username@hostname/path/where/you/want/to/be and kfm will
> prompt for the password.

Nice got prompt entered password and receive :
- ERROR
- The requested URL could not be retrieved
- The following FTP error was encountered:
- Guest login not permitted.
- This means that:
- An FTP protocol error occurred.  Please try again.
-- end

:-(

--
mit freundlichem Gruss -- regards
        ,-,
       |  |         Thomas Drillich <drillich@uniserve.de>
    ___|__|            Geschäftsführer
   (___,   )           uniserve Internet & Multimedia GmbH
   (___,   )\          Sophienweg 3
   (___,   ) \         Technologiezentrum (MIT)
    (___,_,)/ \        D-59872 Meschede Germany
        \              fon: +49 291 59100 , fax: +49 291 59102