List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [Fwd: Treeview widget?]
From:       Keith Brown <kbrown () pdq ! net>
Date:       1998-04-15 19:31:47

William M. Perry wrote:

> Keith Brown <kbrown@pdq.net> writes:
>

> > I am the author of the ATIQ ( Aforementioned Treelist In Question ). I
> > can assure all that my code was originally released under the GPL. I
> > cannot speak for the other folks who contributed code under the GPL, but
> > personally, at this point, I could care less about the license and would
> > be willing to change it to whatever a consensus decides is best. The next
> > release of Qt should have a tree list widget included and though I
> > haven't looked at any of the Qt snapshots, I'm fairly certain it will be
> > the end of my KTreeList, may it rest in peace... (qktstreelist at
> > ftp://ftp.troll.no/contrib )
>
>   Would you consider re-releasing it under LGPL or something BSD-ish?  I
> might need to use it in our administrative tool for our server when I
> rewrite it in Qt, and I'm not sure if 1.40 is going to be ready by then or
> not.
>
> -Bill P.

 Ok, I've re-released the last beta version of qktstreelist as version 1.0
(stable). I removed the GPL license and released the new version as public domain
with two simple restrictions on redistribution that should not conflict with any
of the other free software licenses out there. I really don't see how I could
release it LGPL, as it doesn't appear to qualify as a 'library' under that
copyright.

I have uploaded the new package to ftp.troll.no and hopefully they will move it
to /contrib shortly, though they seem to be ignoring this recently in favor of
QtScape ;-). Anyone needing this sooner can contact me directly and I'll mail it
to you ( about 28K ).

KDE please note: this is from my qktstreelist code base and will not have any
patches applied to it that may have been applied to ktreelist.

--
Keith Brown     |  "The only difference between the FAA and the Titanic
kbrown@pdq.net  |  -- National Air Traffic Controller's Association