List:       kde
Subject:    EMERGENCY: SERIOUS WARNING to snapshot KDE users.
From:       Darren Kelly <kelly () x4u2 ! desy ! de>
Date:       1998-04-15 13:16:05

Dear KDEers,

	WARNING: DO _NOT_ GET CLEVER AND PUT SOFT LINKS TO ACTUAL
	FOLDERS IN YOUR .kde/share/apps/kfm/bookmarks FOLDER !!!!
	YOU CAN MESS UP ALL OF YOUR FILES, AND I MEAN _ALL_.

"The wierdest and most inconvenient bug I've ever seen."

It must appear I spend my time LOOKING for bugs. Having fiddled around
with KDE for much of the last couple of weeks, I decided to get some work
done again, and have now discovered that nearly ALL of my .f, .txt, .tex,
.ps, .cpp, .h, . just about everything have been emblazoned with the
header comment:

# KDE Config File

and in most cases also reformatted. This is not good. I have many
thousands of files. The priority list suggests the rating:

	1 Crashes KDE

	2 Crashes an application

I suggest this bug be registered as:

	Priority 0: F___S up all of your files everywhere.

Oh dear. Yes, I'll report it on the bug list.

Darren 	:( 	(sigh)

Darren Kelly					|	|	|
						|    \	0  /	|
DESY -MPY- (Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron)	|     *   o	|
Notkestr.85					|  - D E S Y -	|
22603 Hamburg					|     o   *	|
Germany						|    /  O  \	|
						|	|	|
phone: 	+49-40-8998-4569			|		|
fax:    +49-40-8998-4305 <--Note change 	|		|
e-mail:	kelly@x4u2.desy.de			|		|
Amandastr.40a, 			         	|     HOME      |
20357 Hamburg					|   zu Hause    |
phone: +49-40-4322602    			| The PLAYhouse	|