List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Mouse Movement Problems
From:       Frugal <frugal () fysh ! org>
Date:       1998-02-20 16:04:17

On Fri, 20 Feb 1998, Joachim Kuebart wrote:
>Hi,
>
>do I overlook something essential? I tried writing an App. that uses
>mouseMoveEvent() to track the mouse. But I get "noise" from the mouse
>movements, i.e. I gat a move up by 122 pixels just to get 121 pixels
>down in the next event. Why does that happen?

I found that QT tends to give mouse positions as a position relative to a
different widget than I would expect. I cheated in the end and got the
position from QCursor::pos() and mapped it to the widgets I wanted to work
with, then I knew that It was relative to what I expected it to be.

--
Frugal the Curious - Rated -13? on the Claire-Louise scale of something...
frugal@fysh.org      and climbing slowly.