List:       kde
Subject:    [Suggestion] Default drag-and-drop actions.
From:       zamboni () cs ! purdue ! edu (Diego Zamboni)
Date:       1998-02-16 22:49:10

Hi,

Having started a week and a half ago, I am still using KDE, and I'm really
happy. Sure, it has its problems, but it is very usable, and shows much, much
promise. I have gotten to the point where I have started configuring my icons,
making my panel really usable, etc. :-)

Oh well, to my original point. I think it would be nice to have default
drag-and-drop actions for objects. The "Copy, Move, Link" menu provides the
functionality in a nice way, but I personally would prefer something like this:

- Plain drag-and-drop: moves.
- CTRL-drag-and-drop: copies.
- Alt-drag-and-drop: links.

For copies and links, the cursor could change to indicate the operation that
is about to take place (e.g. two superimposed squares for copy, and a
double-headed arrow for link)

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,
--Diego