List:       kde
Subject:    Re: AFS socket problem
From:       Heinrich Rebehn <rebehn () comm ! uni-bremen ! de>
Date:       1998-02-12 16:38:50

Alex wrote:

[snip]
> configured.  Either way, I think that there are going to be _some_
> tradeoffs for diskless stations, and it's a bit unreasonable to ask for
> everything that a disk system would have (feature wise).

I would accept performance tradeoffs, of course. But why abandon
features, just because the root fs happens to be mounted via NFS? It's
still UNIX, wether root fs is local or NFS!

Heinrich Rebehn

University of Bremen
Physics / Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Department of Telecommunications -

E-mail: mailto:rebehn@comm.uni-bremen.de
Phone : +49/421/218-4664
Fax   :            -3341