List:       kde
Subject:    Re: My KDE tirade
From:       Carsten Pfeiffer <carpdjih () cetus ! zrz ! TU-Berlin ! DE>
Date:       1997-11-18 3:28:37

Hi Bob,

> But this is not just silly it's stupid! The whole purpose of
> configurability lets the USER "normalize" his/her "feel". This
> OBVIOUSLY makes all apps "feel" the same to the USER. Now if you can
> get the ISO to create a STANDARD look and feel that will be HONORED
> by ALL software developers, then and only then will I agree with
> you.

Some configurability is ok, but IMO the most important system
specific shortcuts should be hardcoded so that they work the same in
every [KDE] environment. What about mapping "shutdown -t now" to ALT
F4? If there's someone using your machine he'll probably get a bit
upset when trying to close a window.
But of course, that's just my opinion.

If you really need to customize your system, you can still hack kwm's
source.

Best regards,
Carsten Pfeiffer
--
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/1632/
public pgp key available, send mail with subject: send pgp key