List:       kde
Subject:    KWM placement/keybindings (was: KFM wishlist)
From:       "Adam D. Moss" <adam () uunet ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1997-11-12 10:21:09

Stephen Hocking writes:
 > There is one thing I'd
 > like to see. With FVWM you can set things up so that when new windows are
 > created on the screen, it will attempt to tile them where possible, and
 > randomly place them otherwise.

FYI, the newest FVWM2 releases had *very* smart window placement, so
that if a window can't be placed without obscuring other windows, it
will at least be placed such that it only minimally obscures others.
Beautiful.

On another matter, playing xquake under KDE/KWM yesterday I noticed
that some of the fire/strafe/run key combinations were not being
delivered to the application, though I don't know exactly what they
were conflicting with.  I had to restart into TWM (blech!).

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,
--Adam