List:       kde
Subject:    kdvi
From:       Gerald Teschl <gerald () mat ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       1997-10-29 23:21:20

Hi out there,

since one has taken away my Mac I'm looking for a replacement and
Linux/Kde
seems to be just it. In particular, I'm new to this business and I hope
that
I don' address well-kown problems.

This applies to beta1.1 (rpm) on Redhat 4.2:

kdvi doesn't seem to work! In particular it looks like it can't find any
fonts and
leaves all characters blank (only straight lines show up). On the
(virtual)
console I get

warning; dpi$KPATHSEA_DPI$KPATHSEA_NAME.$KPATHSEA_FORMAT: Unrecognized
variable construct `$K'

several times and then finally:

xdvi: Can't find font cmr10

Is there an easy work around for this problem? (Btw, xdvi works fine.)

Tahnks for any help, Gerald

 Gerald Teschl              Tel: (+43 1) 313-67/4049
                            Fax: (+43 1) 310-63-47
 Institut fuer Mathematik
 Universitaet Wien
 1090 Wien, Austria