List:       kde
Subject:    A Proposal ( was Re: Time setting via panel )
From:       "Russ Steffen" <rsteffen () ia ! net>
Date:       1997-10-27 17:36:13

I've been lurking on this thread for a bit, and I think I have an
idea that might be acceptable to both camps.

Instead of setting the time, how about letting the user set
his time zone from kpanel instead. Time zone is something under user
control and easy to set from a technical standpoint (simple environment var).

It's been a long time since I've ever had to set a PC clock. All of mine
are ntp-synchronized to a GPS clock. Not only was daylight savings time
not a problem, they all handled that last leap-second too. :)

Russ