List:       kde
Subject:    creating new files with kedit
From:       Harri Porten <porten () tu-harburg ! de>
Date:       1997-10-22 2:42:00

I would like to suggest the following change to the behaviour of kedit:

If I try to create a new file by passing its name as an argument, e.g.

kedit newfile.c

the editor issues the warning "The specified File does not exist" but
appearantly accepts the new filename. Choosing to save yields the "Save
As ..." dialog with an empty name field.

I suggest to either directly save the file with the given filename or at
least proposing this name in the "Save As" dialog.

Harri.