List:       kde
Subject:    Re: my first days with KDE
From:       Timo Sirainen <aaaaaa () sicom ! fi>
Date:       1997-10-22 0:29:51

> You will get the Krn window, with a clock cursor. The byte counter wont
> update, but at least you know the program is there :-)

OK. But could you do some multithreading or something to it? Just noticed
when opening new newsgroup it takes quite a while without krn even
updating it's window, so either like in netscape (it gets new mail in
background (I think?)) or a nice bar or counter "312 of 8328 message
headers read". Also, when displaying all newsgroups, it's quite slow :)