List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KOffice - KWord?
From:       Lars Gullik Bjonnes <larsbj () ifi ! uio ! no>
Date:       1997-09-11 11:05:05

  >> Oliver TONET writes:

  OT> Hi there, there has been a lot of talk about new file-formats
  OT> and WYSIWYG HTML.

  OT> What about writing a WYSIWYG front-end to TeX (LaTeX), thus
  OT> using a pre-exisiting, world-wide spread, stable and powerful
  OT> file format?

:-) Sounds awfully a lot like LyX. (a project that Matthias started
about two years ago) Except that we don't aim at WYSIWYG, bu settles
with WYSIWYM (...Mean) To make a really WYSIWYG frontend to (La)TeX
you must probably duplicate most of the code in TeX (hypenation, break
of paragraphs)

We are now about to enter a new development phases, where the main
goal is to switch to a subset of LaTeX as the file format.

http://la1ad.uio.no/~larsbj/lyx.shtml if you are interested.

	Lgb