List:       kde
Subject:    Re: Just 1 XPM for Kmahjongg (was Re: Kkill missing ?)
From:       "Jonathan A. Buzzard" <jab () hex ! prestel ! co ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-30 16:39:53

jab@hex.prestel.co.uk said:
> That reminds me does anyone know of an X11 program that play a proper
> game of Mahjongg, ie. four walls, collecting pungs,chows and kongs,
> with full scoring, rather than a patient game. (If anyone wants the
> rules to implement a games I could send a copy).

As a couple of people asked for a copy of the rules I have scanned them in
and converted it to HTML. It is missing some of the pictures but it should
be possible to follow them still. The URL to get them from is

    http://www.homeusers.prestel.co.uk/MahJongg.html

Which reminds me having the real tiles on the desk next to the computer made
me realise that the honour tiles in Kmahjongg look nothing like the real
ones (or the pictures in the half dozen rule books we have). For example
white dragons are plain tiles, red dragons a red square with a line through,
green dragon a green "squiggle", and the winds the respective Chinese
character. I'll try scanning the tiles and doing a more traditional
set when I get the time.

JAB.

--
Jonathan A. Buzzard,