List:       kde
Subject:    Re: ftp site?
From:       Mark Roberts <mar2 () scigen ! co ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-29 12:14:13

> From kde-request@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de Thu Aug 28 17:48:05 1997
> Sender: bobby@eros.tab.com
>> Hiya!
>
> New to the list, so here's my first Dumb Newbie Question:
>
> I've been trying to access the kde ftp site, and it appears to be
> down/refusing my connection attempts.  Does anyone on here know the
> address(es) of mirror sites for kde?
>
> I'm nuts about KDE, by the way.  Turned about three or four friends on to
> it.  :-)
>
> If anyone can help me with finding a mirror, or possibly inform me on why
> it's apparently down (if in fact it is), I would apprecaite it!
>
> tia,
> bobby

Alternative mirror sites are documented on the kde web site - see :

http://www.kde.org

and follow the links on how to get kde.

Note that a lot of ftp sites restrict the number of anonymous ftp users who can
access the site at any one time; the KDE site does this too. Try accessing
outside business hours.