List:       kde
Subject:    Re: KRN
From:       Roberto Alsina <ralsina () unl ! edu ! ar>
Date:       1997-08-23 23:45:47

On Sun, 24 Aug 1997, Christian Gau wrote:

> Hi Roberto,
>
> a week ago now, I installed KDE on my system and therefore of course your krn Ne
> wsreader. It looks very good. Unfortunetly opening big Newsgroups (approx 8.5Mb
> received data) causes krn to give up. After having received the data of the resp
> ective group, nothing happens anymore.
>
> The News-Server runs on my private little network. Therefore I could reduce the
> size of current newsgroups easily. But from my point of view it is a good thing
> to keep interesting articles a little bit longer. On Internet News-Servers it is
>  sometimes hard to find all important articles of one thread.
>
> Have you experienced these size-problems too?

Sadly I don't have access to a news server that has that much articles
stored, and that could send them to me in less than a week :-(

As for getting all the relevant articles in a thread, krn has the
"get-it-from-altavista" feature that may help, but this really should work.

I changed the storage of articles in the latest version, which you can
get from http://ultra7.unl.edu.ar/krn

Maybe it got fixed (it surely got faster), could you try it?

Regards

 `9_ 9  )   `-. (    ).`-._.`)  ralsina@unl.edu.ar
 (_Y_.)' ._   ) `._`.  " -.-'   Centro de Telematica
  _..`-'_..-_/ /-'_.'           Universidad Nacional del Litoral
(l)-'' ((i).' ((!.'             Santa Fe - Argentina