Alan Cox writes: > > and window managers provide. EG. kwm's interation with kpanel, > > ktaskbar, and the reliance of almost all KDE apps on KFM/kioslaves. > > kwm/kpanel isnt too big a deal - KFM/kioslaves is, as you may want to run > a different file manager. On the other hand the KFM interface is almost > well thought out enough to make plugging arbitary servers into it viable > and nothing stops "gnome_fm" providing the KFM services. Its important > that there is one actual interface defined that is all Yes... I hope that that was roughly what I was long-windedly hung-overedly saying. ;) --Adam