Hello. > > The problem with cloning qt is finding people to do it. The source > > code to qt is so easily available that I think you might have trouble > > finding qualified and willing people who haven't been "tainted". For > > Here I am! I have never seen the source for Qt. I'm not a "qualified" > X programmer yet, but I would like to try cloning this toolkit. If there > is a more qualified X programmer listening, it's better that you do it, [...] > Where can I find a complete description of the Qt interface, without > details of the implementation? I haven't read a line about Qt internals, nor do I have right now the time to contribute; but a secret of the trade is: when you are going to make a "compatible" design without copying, you need 2 teams. One reads the source and write specifications without resorting to details; and the other works the other way, taking the specifications and writing code that does the same function. Of course, the only communication path allowed between the 2 teams is the specs :) Just an idea... Regards. --- Francisco Rodrigo Escobedo Robles - Sending from home ax25:ea7abo - mailto:frer@vnet.es - http://www.vnet.es/~frer/ This message is just my opinion right now