List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       Richard Moore <moorer () cs ! man ! ac ! uk>
Date:       1997-08-19 15:13:44

> I am of the opinion that KDE is a nice idea, but with some design flaws. I
> believe that GNOME should take its own direction, even if it reuses some KDE
> code. There is no reason why GNOME couldnt reuse the KDE config and kdelnk,
> and have totally compatible configurations. Then switching from one to the
> other would be a simple case of changing the default wm.

People keep saying we have design flaws in KDE, but no one ever seems to say
what they are. Please back this sort of statement up with enough details that
you don't just sound like you're blowing hot air. If we have such flaws then
tell us and if we agree they're flaws then we'll fix them.

Rich.

| Richard Moore                         | Email: moorer@cs.man.ac.uk    |
| IT301, Computer Science dept.,        |          rich@kde.org         |
| University of Manchester, Oxford Rd., | Phone: (0161) 438 0038 (home) |
| Manchester, M13 9PL                   |        (0161) 275 6270 (work) |
| UK                                    |        (0161) 275 6280 (fax)  |