List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1997-08-20 2:56:45

On Mon, 18 Aug 1997, Matt Stocum wrote:

> EXTREMLY(sp) poor taste, I don't think that GNOME is inheirently evil.

It's not. It is a good thing. Both friendly competition AND the ability to
work together.

> But don't go about it by trying to stifle GNOME with insults and an
> attempt that will never work to some how lock up the KDE source from the
> big bad hands of the evil GNOME that lives under the bridge.

If we insulted Gnome or threatened to do stupid things, it was just a
reaction to the unfortunate way in which they went about it. But that is
over now and we ALL have the intention of working with them. They're good
hackers and doubtless we will exchange good ideas.

(Actually, trolls live under bridges. Strange creatures, those Trolls. ;)

Let's drop the Gnome stuff on kde@. The Gnomes are getting sick of KDE on
their mailing list too. :)

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au