List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       "Sergey I. Panov" <sipan () rwf ! mit ! edu>
Date:       1997-08-19 11:48:17

Matt Stocum wrote:
> The QT license states in more than one place that it doesn't differentiate
> between static linking and dynamic.  This isn't motif we are dealing with
> here.

 You are looking from the wrong end. It is GPLed application, which
can not be linked with lib that has more restrictive license unless
that lib is a part of the system (e.g. Motif on some UNIXes or win32 ).
For example, you can not take GPLed GNU program and link it with
Qt. They (GNU people) had promised to take actions. At least when I
asked.

 Sergey