List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       widi () wohnheim ! uni-ulm ! de (Rainer Bawidamann)
Date:       1997-08-19 12:19:59

In article <199708190829.JAA13716@diamondage.cymru.net>,
	alan@diamondage.cymru.net (Alan Cox) writes:
>> What about the Qt utility classes? Qt critics seem to easily forget
>> there's a lot more to Qt than the GUI classes.
>
> The Qt utility classes seem to be about 10,000 lines of code if not
> less. Thats a couple of weeks rewriting and a couple of months to
> shake the bugs out if that.

Most of the non-GUI classes in Qt can be replaced from other libraries:
QString by the standard String class, the lists etc. by STL. I wonder
why Qt uses its own, maybe because they cannot use the free libg++ on
Unix ...

Rainer
--
                Rainer.Bawidamann@wohnheim.uni-ulm.de

-       printk("Linux IP multicast router 0.04-might-work 8)\n");
+       printk("Linux IP multicast router 0.05-maybe-works 8)\n");
[Found in a linux kernel patch]