List:       kde
Subject:    Re: GNOME Desktop Project
From:       Stefan Taferner <taferner () alpin ! or ! at>
Date:       1997-08-19 10:45:54

At 09:23 19.08.1997 +0100, you wrote:
>> d) Pixmaps. Qt has some IO mechanism to load/save
>>    pictures in various formats. And Qt features scaling and
>>    rotating etc of pixmaps. This is needed for the HTML widget.
>
>Gtk/Gdk has a suprisingly large graphical toolset given the GIMP is written
>with it, and anything you seem short can be unGIMP'd. There is also imlib
>from the E window manager. I'd very very much like to use that as it does
>something KDE really seems to lack - you can share palettes and say things
>like "All the system stuff can use 'n' colours", and imlib will do the
>right thing.

A common palette is not hard to implement.
(I would not say this if I did not know how to do it).

But there was no real need and no free manpower up to now ;-)

Btw, do only I feel that an upcoming "my project is better" flame war is
really off topic and unwanted here ?

I am really tired of those "I do not like what you build because feature
12.3.3b)
is not optimal" arguments.

Either make them better or discuss elsewhere.

--Stefan