List:       kde
Subject:    Re: kde rpms
From:       "Sergey I. Panov" <sipan () mit ! edu>
Date:       1997-08-03 21:11:50

> I have a conflict here.  I have kde-0.12.1-1, kde-devel-0.12.1-1, and
> kde-utils-0.12.1-1 ready to go.  All apps in these three work, but the
> other rpms a few apps do not work (Seg faults and such).  If I release
> these three rpms, I will have to remove the other 0.12.0 rpms because
> they do not work together.  Any thoughts?
>
> By the way 0.12.1-1 doe shave some nice new features.

Do you mean that some applications in  kde-games-0.12* and kde-pim-0.12*
do not work?

I personnaly would not mind absence of games and pim applications. But
I didn't find kghostview in recent rpms and had to compile it
myself. Another usefull thing, kdvi, was not even in 0.10 distribution
and I was trying to compile it as well. As I tried to set Makefile.in,
configure.in and rest of autoconfig setup, I failed. after running
configure  kdvi/Makefile and kpathsea/Makefile are different from
those that come in the tar file.

 Is it mandatory for KDE application to have its Makefiles produced by
"autoconf"?
 (actually, configure.in--[autoconf]-->configure
            Makefile.in---[configure]->Makefile )

 Where can I find template of the "autoconf" setup for KDE
application?

 Is there printable manual for "autoconf"? (I know that there is an
"info" manual)

 Sergey

PS. Is kdvi still being developed or maintained? It was not updated
for a long time?