List:       kde
Subject:    Idea was: Re: click to focus - ughhhh!
From:       "Adam D. Moss" <adam () uunet ! pipex ! com>
Date:       1997-07-01 9:19:29

Dirk Schvnberger writes:
 > > wherever and whenever you can find them. There is a fair bit of
 > > documentation around, it's just shy.
 >
 > I the latest MS Office version there are the new animated assistants
 > (Einstein, Shakespeare) aso.
 > Perhaps KDE can have a similar concept.

Personally I'm not keen on them at all.  It seems to be a lot of work,
too; however I wouldn't rule them out if

a) Once they're over the 'cute' factor people actually find them
useful rather than irritating in Office/Windoze97 (the jury is still
out)
AND
b) They can be turned off, forever ;)
AND
c) The developers really don't have much better to do than design and
implement an animated-assistant class (and some half-decent animators
can be roped in to draw up some characters).

If this happens, I don't think it should happen soon.  But I guess
it's up to anyone who wants to develop it.  :)

--Adam
         Adam D. Moss / UUNET Consulting / adam@uk.uu.net
   UUNET: http://www.uunet.pipex.com / Voice +44 (0)1223 250100
   (All Opinions Are My Own And Not Necessarily Those Of UUNET)

"Less than 1% of calls which we get has to do with software bugs...
You must wait for weeks until one complains about a bug." -B. Gates