List:       kde
Subject:    Re: QT license
From:       Sirtaj Singh Kang <ssk () physics ! unimelb ! edu ! au>
Date:       1997-05-26 23:00:19

On Mon, 26 May 1997, Kai Wetzel wrote:

> Martin Konold wrote:
> [...]
> > Please discuss licensing issues ONLY on
> > kde-license@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de
>
> Has it occured to you how childish this response is ?

?

[snip]
> 3. Eliminate "kde-license@fiwi02.wiwi.uni-tuebingen.de".
>    This has only been set up in order to emberras and
>    make fun of people, not to help clearing out any
>    real issues.

It was set up to discuss licensing issues. It makes as much fun of these
people as kde-devel was set up to make fun of developers.

>    _If_ you think treating people with disrespect
>    is a good idea, continue to do so, but do it _explicitely_
>    by telling them: "Licensing issues will be resolved by
>    directing mails such as yours to /dev/null directly".
>
> As a general rule, I think adressing people with respect is a
> good idea, though.  This includes long-term contributors who
[snip]

Though the arrow on a road-sign rarely has to go where it points, I think
you should take a little of your own advice. Martin is doing a good job.

But I do agree, this is a FAQ. I will start writing something now, so that
we can just ask people to RTFM, or discuss the cost of Qt on qt-interest.

-Taj.

Sirtaj S. Kang       taj@kde.org         ssk@physics.unimelb.edu.au
School of Physics    Univ of Melbourne   http://www.ph.unimelb.edu.au/~ssk/