List:       kde
Subject:    Re: ANNOUNCE: kvt-0.6
From:       Bernd Johannes Wuebben <wuebben () math ! cornell ! edu>
Date:       1997-01-04 15:08:36

Hello Matthias,

about the "termcap" problem, here's the scoop:

When I run pine on my machine locally everything is fine. kvt is behaving
perfectly. The problem starts when I initiate a telnet connection to
my departement and start pine on the remote machine. No proplem with
the regular xterm, no problems with rxvt. Kvt however doesn't handle
the escape sequences right, as mentioned earlier I get some ^H ^K etc.

No matter whether I use an xterm, kvt or rxvt the term environment
variable on the remote host is set to vt100. kvt is the only of the
three terminal emulators that doesn't seem to handle things right.

I haven't got a clue why. I never understood nor studied termcap or
terminfo....

Tschuess,
Bernd