List:       kde
Subject:    shutdown-button in the login-window (KDM)?!
From:       "Stefan Pfeiffer" <Stefan.Pfeiffer () post ! rwth-aachen ! de>
Date:       1998-01-10 18:02:48

Hello!

I am a newbie to Linux and KDE, but a fan of both already. I wonder if it is
some kind of a "security hole" to let EVERYONE shut down the system (using
the shutdown-button in the login-window of KDM) prior to the login? It is no
problem on my (personal) system, but think of systems for many changing
users, for example in PC-pools of universities. XDM does not allow this...

System: Suse Linux 5.0, Kernel 2.0.30, runlevel 3, KDE-Beta-2 (binaries,
nothing self-compiled).

Stefan
mailto: Stefan.Pfeiffer@post.rwth-aachen.de
mailto2: dl1ely@qsl.net (HAM: DL1ELY)