List:       kde
Subject:    Re: black screen and cursor, and nothing more
From:       dep <dep () drippingwithirony ! com>
Date:       2018-08-18 17:06:52

Thanks, everybody.

Of course, I asked the question and then a ton of other work arrived, so it=
 will be the first of the week before I can dive into trying the various th=
ings suggested.

I should note that when I log in to Plasma (from the Gnome-based Ubuntu log=
in manager, which lists Gnome, Ubuntu desktop, TDE, and Plasma as possible =
sessions), in addition to a mouse cursor I get the window telling me that P=
rotonMail Bridge has started, as well as a little notification from Dropbox=
 that I need to move my Dropbox directory to an ext4 partition, so a lot of=
 stuff is starting. Also, all the non-Plasma desktops work as well as they =
normally would, and all report kwin as the window manager, so that upgrade =
clearly took place -- previously, it was Trinity's TDM.

dep

Sent withProtonMailSecure Email. Because privacy matters.