List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] KTorrent on Windows and OSX
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2014-09-18 20:58:55

Andrew Potter posted on Thu, 18 Sep 2014 10:30:58 +0000 as excerpted:

> I am trying to find out whether KTorrent and libktorrent works on
> Windows and OSX.
>
> I am developing an App and would like to use libktorrent in my App to
> download content.
>
> I am just wondering if libktorrent runs on Windows or OSX?

I personally don't[1] do proprietary so do neither MS Windows nor Apple
OSX, but...

https://windows.kde.org/

There's further links from there, including to the kde-on-windows kde-
techbase pages, the IRC channel, and the kde-windows mailing list.  The
latter would be the better place to ask.

On the OSX side it appears macports/fink/homebrew do kde.  Here's the
community page:

https://community.kde.org/Mac

---
[1] Most software including that covered by the GPL includes waivers on
damages, etc, and when the source is available to examine such that I can
fairly agree to take on that responsibility, great.  But people who want
me to agree to take responsibility for the actions of code I'm not
allowed to examine before agreeing to take such responsibility are
obviously unethical and have no respect for /my/ rights, so even if I
/could/ legally run the software without actually agreeing to take such
responsibility, why would I, as we've just established that they are
unethical and can't be trusted.  Unethical people want me to run some
black-box software on my computer doing who /knows/ what, because it's
black-box and I can't /see/ what it does, while wanting me to agree to
take responsibility for whatever unknowns might happen?  I don't THINK so!