List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] What is baloo_file_extractor and why is it humping my hard drive?
From:       Nikos Chantziaras <realnc () gmail ! com>
Date:       2014-04-18 14:19:52

On 18/04/14 03:07, Luiz Felipe Talvik wrote:
> It is KDE's new file indexer.
> In yours installation you seem to have the old settings interface and
> the new file indexer. I've upgraded to 4.13 in Kubuntu and the Nepomuk
> search settings was replaced.
>
> You can disable baloo editing: "~/.kde/share/config/baloofilerc"
> Change "Indexing-Enabled=false" to "Indexing-Enabled=true"

Thanks! (I assume it's just a typo and that meant "false".)

> Everything about these services are too intrusive. I wish I could
> upgrade mysql without having to remove kde from my system.

I don't have mysql installed even. I configured KDE to use sqlite instead.

Running a database server on my desktop PC? That is very weird. The KDE
folks do an awesome job, but some times it seems like they make
decisions after having smoked crack :-)