Volker Wysk posted on Fri, 18 Jan 2013 17:00:59 +0100 as excerpted: > So far so good, but I still can't set the Gamma value for my screen. > There's seems to be no control in the system settings for that. There should be a kde settings control for it, under hardware, display and monitor, gamma, but the package that installs that component should also install a stand-alone kde executable called kgamma, invokable directly from krunner. If it isn't installed, try looking for a kgamma package. Do note, however, that it may only apply the settings to one monitor, if you have a multi-monitor setup. It appears kgamma isn't randr-aware yet, and is still using the old xorg screen and xinerama protocol, not randr. Since both my monitors are the same, I was able to test settings on the one, but I could only use that to figure out the settings I wanted, and had to apply them in the xorg.conf.d files in ordered to get a gamma setting for both monitors. -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.