List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] How to install KDE 4.9 on Debian Squeeze
From:       "dE ." <de.techno () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-20 12:55:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

4.9 will be available on Debian testing once wheezy freezes.

---------------------------------
Support software for non profit, buy Android phones.
On Aug 19, 2012 8:15 PM, "Harry Miller" <phobos_anomaly@yahoo.com> wrote:

> One can do it, but its going to be a pain as you have to compile qt on
> your own plus all the little deps like strigi which will overwrite your
> distro packages and possibly cause alot of problems later on. I'd suggest
> using a more up-to-date distro since andre evidently isn't that familiar
> with compiling from scratch.
> or hope that someone has a repo with kde 4.9 available for squeeze.

[Attachment #5 (text/html)]

Support software for non profit, buy Android phones.</p>
href="mailto:phobos_anomaly@yahoo.com">phobos_anomaly@yahoo.com</a>&gt; wrote:<br \
type="attribution"><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0 0 0 \
.8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex"> <table cellspacing="0" \
cellpadding="0" border="0"><tr><td valign="top" style="font:inherit">One can do it, \
but its going to be a pain as you have to compile qt on your own plus all the little \
deps like strigi which will overwrite your distro packages and possibly cause alot of \
problems later on. I&#39;d suggest using a more up-to-date distro since andre \
evidently isn&#39;t that familiar with compiling from scratch. <br> or hope that \
8/19/12, dE . <i>&lt;<a href="mailto:de.techno@gmail.com" \
style="border-left:2px solid rgb(16,16,255);margin-left:5px;padding-left:5px"> \
target="_blank">de.techno@gmail.com</a>&gt;<br>Subject: Re: [kde] How to install KDE \
4.9 on Debian Squeeze<br>To: <a href="mailto:kde@mail.kde.org" \
                target="_blank">kde@mail.kde.org</a><br>
Support software for non profit, buy Android phones.</p>
href="http://mc/compose?to=andre_debian@numericable.fr" \
target="_blank">andre_debian@numericable.fr</a>&gt; wrote:<br><blockquote \
style="margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex">

Hello,<br>
How to install KDE 4.9 on Debian Squeeze ?<br>
The command &quot;aptitude install kde ..&quot;<br>
could do that but with the 4.6 version<br>
and I want the 4.9.<br>
I downloaded the KDE 4.9 package on the KDE site,<br>
but no howto to compile and install the package.<br>
Thank for a help.<br>
andré<br>
message is from the kde mailing list.<br>Account management:  <a \
href="https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde" \
Archives: <a href="http://lists.kde.org/" \
target="_blank">http://lists.kde.org/</a>.<br>More info: <a \
href="http://www.kde.org/faq.html" \