List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Migrating to another computer
From:       "dE ." <de.techno () gmail ! com>
Date:       2012-08-15 13:37:15

On 08/13/12 14:56, Peter wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In the docs at :
>
> http://userbase.kde.org/KMail/FAQs_Hints_and_Tips#Transfer_mail_and_settings_to_another_computer_.28or_another_user_account_on_the_same_machine.29
>
> it says ...
>
> Everything under ~/.local/share/
>
> but I have ..
>
> > ~$ ls ~/.local/share/
>
> akonadi       desktop-directories  local-mail    rhythmbox  ubuntuone
> applications  Empathy              mime          totem      vlc
> contacts      gvfs-metadata        quadrapassel  Trash      webkit
>
> surely ONLY the akonadi path, and not the others ??
>
> Regards,
>
> Peter

Strictly, it depends on the OS. In Gentoo for instance it's in ~/.kde4.

This place stated also has setting for other applications on my system,
and so is the case with yours --

"rhythmbox", "ubuntuone" etc...

As an alternative, you may like to simply copy over the whole OS from
your old PC to the new one.