List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] kmail getting uppity again...
From:       gene heskett <gheskett () wdtv ! com>
Date:       2012-03-09 11:40:24

On Friday, March 09, 2012 06:34:55 AM Duncan did opine:

> gene heskett posted on Thu, 08 Mar 2012 23:46:52 -0500 as excerpted:
> > On Thursday, March 08, 2012 11:44:12 PM Duncan did opine:
> >>from MSOE, back to 1997 or so.
> >>
> >> I really should probably spend a couple days going thru the oldest
> >> stuff and deleting much of it, and I've done a bit of that, but I
> >> could certainly do more.  I could probably get it down to ~300 MB or
> >> so if I did.  But there's always more important, or at least more
> >> interesting, stuff to do.
> >
> > Not much spam here, none of it lasting more than 10 minutes after
> > midnight.
> >
> > I seem to suffer from that problem myself, Duncan.  Where might this
> > script be found?
>
> LOL!  Don't we all!
>
> [For others that happen to come in in the middle of the conversation,
> "this script" refers to a kmail -> claws-mail or more precisely maildir
> to MH-dir format converter...]
>
> From memory... the script is on the claws-mail site, to be found listed
> on the utils page.  Note that kmail has used both mbox and maildir over
> the years, but mbox can be imported from claws itself (file menu), so
> the only thing the script is needed for is maildir.  Meanwhile, let's
> see how good that memory of the location is...
>
> First of all, the claws-mail site.
>
> http://www.claws-mail.org/index.php
>
> Not directly on topic, but if you've not done so, reading the FAQ and
> the manual is useful.  FWIW, the manual and a smaller FAQ is available
> on the help menu directly from claws, as well.  I'm guessing some of
> the plugins may be quite useful to you as well, plus the Using Claws
> Mail with other programs section of the FAQ.

Now, while this is no doubt useful, I am up to my butt in other alligators
so I will save your message for later reference when I manage to get this
damned swamp drained.  Among other things I am putting an engine in my
pickup, and working on CNC'ing my lathe.  So switching to claws is about 3
or 4 down the list.

Thank you very much Duncan.  I'll no doubt be back if I don't fall over
first.

[...]

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)