List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] Switch between day/night desktop modes. Activities? or Themes?
From:       Victor Hugo Borja <vborja () apache ! org>
Date:       2010-09-21 4:35:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi,

I'd like to be able to easily change from a light-desktop (light color
scheme, style, windeco) to a dark-desktop - when reading stuff or hacking at
night... In kde3 IIRC there was a "Theme" feature that allowed to save the
current colors, style, windeco, icons, etc under a name, so switching
between them was not that difficult.. however I've been unable to find a
similar feature on kde 4.5.

I'm just wondering if there is something I'm missing that could help me with
changing between day/night desktops.

Don't know if this could be a use case for Plasma Activities..  I mean ...
I'd have a "day" activity, a "night" activity, and switch using the new 4.5
activity switcher.

Greetings!

--
vic