Matthew Woehlke wrote: > James Richard Tyrer wrote: >> Matthew Woehlke wrote: >> >>> This is no more a "design error" than not being able to get full quality >>> from resampling a 22kHz sound to 44kHz. >> I fail to see what re sampling has to do with backward compatibility. > > KDE3 = 22 kHz > KDE4 = needs "true" 44 kHz to function properly > >> Failure to consider backward compatibility is, by definition, a design >> error. > > See what Lydia wrote. KDE3 color schemes lack the information to make a > fully capable KDE4 color scheme (because KDE4 has many more color > roles). If being able to use KDE3 schemes with full fidelity had been a > design requirement, we wouldn't be able to move forward. > It appears that you missed the point of my previous posting and/or simply do not understand what I am talking about. This is not about the fact that KDE4 has more color roles. If KDE4 had taken the schema for the KDE3 color schemes and _only_ added additional color roles (making KDE3 color schemes a proper subset of KDE4 color schemes), they we would have backward compatibility and we could have still moved forward. That is what backward compatibility is about -- moving forward in an orderly way by making the new a proper superset of the old. -- James Tyrer Linux (mostly) From Scratch ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.