On Jueves 12 Febrero 2009 08:34:57 James Richard Tyrer escribió: > David wrote: > > On Jueves 12 Febrero 2009 05:22:53 James Richard Tyrer escribi�: > >> David wrote: > >>> Hi there, I don't know if someone is having same troubles like me, but, > >>> for me, plasma (plasmoids) are extremelly unstable. > >>> When running with a theme (downloaded through the built in assistant > >>> for downloading themes from kde-look) named "Oxyglass" after a while, > >>> all plasma freezes (plasmoids are no longer updated (the CPU one for > >>> example, the clock either...) but you can still click in the task > >>> manager to raise/minimize windows despite it is frozen). > >>> It is really weird and annoying, since plasma restarts itself. > >>> I don't know if it's a theme problem, or a plasma problem handling the > >>> theme, but I want to solve this, since the command I most use is > >>> "killall plasma && plasma" from a konsole or krunner :( > >>> Any ideas/workarrounds? > >> > >> I have an ATI RADEON 9200 and I have no instability using the XF86 > >> driver from X.org (except for the bug with the Battery Monitor). Most > >> people that are having problems are using nVidia cards with the nVidia > >> Kernel and OpenGL drivers. > >> > >> Have you tried turning off: "Enable desktop effects" in the Desktop > >> section of System Settings (new name for Control Center)? If this > >> improves things, it is probably a driver issue. > >> > >> I think that there have already been some bug fixes for some issues in > >> the 4.2 branch. Your distro might have released an updated binary, or > >> if you build from source, you can use the 4.2 BRANCH rather than the > >> 4.2.0 release. > > > > I've researched it a little bit, and nvidia issues are *discarted* in > > this issue. > > With same nvidia driver, same kernel config, I discovered that the > > problem only appears when I have certain applets loaded. > > In my case I have problems when running: > > System Monitor - CPU > > System Monitor - Temperature > > System Monitor - Network > > FOlder View > > Well, I think that you have found a pattern. Good job trouble shooting. > > I find that I have to install stuff to try those three widgets so I will > get back to you after a while. If you can reproduce then I'll submit a bug, but please, keep in mind that despite it happens everytime for me, it is not instantly, it happens after a certain period of time while working normally (opening and closing windows, etc..) ___________________________________________________ This message is from the kde mailing list. Account management: https://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde. Archives: http://lists.kde.org/. More info: http://www.kde.org/faq.html.