List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Video player
From:       "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss () iguanasuicide ! net>
Date:       2009-01-06 23:41:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 2009 January 06 17:20:08 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thanks for that bit of info. I do know that the release schedules
> differ, but Amarok seems like a flagship KDE application.

The problem is "KDE application" is a bit ambiguous.

Amarok *is* a flagship "KDE application" if by that you mean "an application
built using the KDE libraries and frameworks".
Amarok is not a "KDE application" if by that you mean "an application
maintained and released by the KDE project".

Also, "KDE applications" might move between those two, more specific
classifications during their lifetime.  Plus, I think the KDE project
sometimes provide resources to "KDE applications" of the first type, even if
they aren't "KDE applications" of the second type.

There's even a third type of "KDE application": an application installed
automatically by the majority of distributions when you select "KDE" during
install.
--
Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.                     ,= ,-_-. =.
bss@iguanasuicide.net                     ((_/)o o(\_))