List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Usage of screen real estate in 4.2
From:       Scott Beamer <geekboy () angrykeyboarder ! com>
Date:       2008-12-21 5:04:15

Matthew Woehlke wrote:

> Scott Beamer wrote:
> > Richard Hartmann wrote:
> > > With KDE 4, I have always felt that screen real estate is 'wasted' a lot
> > > more than with KDE 3. The overall visual effect of KDE 4 is rather
> > > pleasing, but on a screen with 1024x768, I need to minimize the size
> > > of widgets and decorations.
> >
> > 1024x768 is soooo 20th century... ;)
>
> I know; my Asus is 1024x600. Widescreen FTW!
>
> (And yes, there is a bit of sarcasm in the above. Or, put less obtusely,
> I disagree that we can assume larger than 1024x768, given clear evidence
> to the contrary.)

Oops.

I keep forgetting.  When it comes to any kind of display, (be it on a PC, laptop or \
TV) there are generally two kinds of people. Those who like displays that are BIG \
(that be me) and those who like displays that are really small. :)

I should have said "middle of the road resolutions are soooo 20th century".

On a related note, there are people who have netbooks *&* desktops with 30" monitors.

I just don't get small.  But I'm weird like that. :)

Scott
(who has never even owned a laptop - perhaps someday....).