List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Placing desktop/panel icons
From:       "Mary Meyers" <texas.chef94 () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-11-28 4:27:34

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Thank you for that heads up and in my case it might have been just a
settling in of a newly installed program if there is such a thing as the
unit has qu8it rebooting and the icons are in place and yes was able to drag
in 4.1.
As I had remarked to Anne previously I had reservations about KFE4, but for
be it was a getting use to the new as I am quite taken with it.
In fact today I burned a openSuSe 11 live CD, not installed yet, but I am
told the CD give you a choice of gnome or KDE and I plan to choose KDE.
Thanks for the responses
Another new advocate of KDE

On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 9:46 AM, Anne Wilson <cannewilson@googlemail.com>wrote:

> I seen a number of people advocating dragging icons onto the panel.  It
> doesn't work on my systems.  Is it supposed to?  Or are they referring to
> the
> KDE3 methods?
>
> Since I'm talking about responses on user mailing lists, KDE 4.1.x is the
> likely desktop.
>
> Anne

Allen Meyers
texas.chef94@gmail.com