List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] extreme Lag when editing text box in Konqueror
From:       "Jaison Lee" <lee.jaison () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-08-02 13:59:13

> Hello,
> sometimes I have an extreme Lag when editing a text box in Konqueror (e.g.
> change an Wikipedia article).
> There is about half of an second delay between keyboard press and appearance
> of the character on the screen and about one second delay before the context
> menu appears after a right click.
>
> Any ideas?

This is a very old problem. It's usually reproducible by selecting
text and then typing, thereby replacing the selecting text. After that
you will be "slow mode" for a while until it gets done doing whatever
it is doing. I don't think I've noticed it in 3.5.7 but I've gotten
used to avoiding it so I can't be sure it was fixed.