List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Context Menu DELETE / =?iso-8859-15?q?L=D6SCHEN?=
From:       Christian Mueller <cmueller () gmx ! de>
Date:       2005-12-09 20:19:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Am Freitag, 9. Dezember 2005 21:01 schrieb Robert Spangler:
> On Thursday 08 December 2005 10:20, Christian Mueller wrote:
>
> >  > "In den Mülleimer werfen"   <---   !!!!!
> >  Actually the English version is "Move to trash" (IIRC).
>
> Müll = Trash or Garbage
> Eimer = Pail or Bucket
> Werfen = Throw or Toss
>
> So the translation would be
>
> 	"Throw it in the trash bucket"

That may be the translation but nevertheless the English label
of this action is "Move to trash", I just checked.

But that hasn't been the question, it was about
why the German label wasn't just "Löschen"
and I wanted to point out that the English label for
this action isn't "Delete" either (because this action
doesn't delete but it puts the file into the trash).
"Löschen" / "Delete" is a different action.

Christian.