List:       kde
Subject:    Re: [kde] Context Menu DELETE / =?utf-8?q?L=C3=96SCHEN?=
From:       Nigel Henry <cave.dnb () tiscali ! fr>
Date:       2005-12-08 18:27:27

On Thursday 08 December 2005 15:40, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:> On Thu, 8 Dec 2005 \
15:28:40 +0100>> Benjamin Wirtz <benjaminw.kde@googlemail.com> wrote:> > Hi @ All,> \
>> > i have a little question or hint.> >> > In my Contextmenu (right mouseclick) in \
> > > the Konqueror i have the> > following options (have a german langpack).> >> > \
> > > "Ausschneiden"> > "Kopieren"> > "Einfügen"> > "Umbenennen"> > "In den \
> > > Mülleimer werfen"   <---   !!!!!> >> > In english perhaps like that :> >> > \
> > > For me its often a problem to find the "In den Mülleimer werfen" Item> > \
> > > because im looking automatically for an Item like "Delete" or> > "Löschen" I \
> > > think its better for the usabillity and more ergonomic if> > ther is only a \
> > > Itme like "Delete" or "Löschen".> >> > Please change that or can i help you \
> > > changing that or can i change it> > in my own settings.> >> > regards Benni>> \
> > > Hello :)> In the Konqueror main toolbar:> Settings | Configure Konqueror>> You \
> > > should see a line that says "Show 'Delete' context menu entries> which bypass \
> > > the trashcan"  Check the box that that statement refers to.> Click "Apply" and \
> > > then "OK">> That should do it :)>> Have a Great Day,> Steven P. Ulrick
Hi Steven. Thank you for that explanation, all is clear now. I'd had problems in \
Gentoo with my / partition redlining at 98%. Someone on a list suggested what DL'd \
distfiles I could get rid of, so I merrily went in there with the superuser file \
manager, and using send to trash (the only apparent option), proceeded to get rid of \
the lot, only to find myself still redlining at 98%, and the trash can on the desktop \
empty. After some hunting, I found /root/.local/share/Trash/files  &  info. \
(Incidentally it's a good job I don't keep the hidden files hidden, as I may never \
have found these Trash files). Having found all this stuff still lurking on the \
harddrive, I used the commeand line to get rid of them. This time permanently. Great \
the redlines gone, and down to 73%.  This afternoon, having seen your post, I thought \
I'd have a look on the FC3 install in this same Trash directory. Here I find nearly \
!GB of stuff that I thought was gone and forgotten. I normally use apt-get clean to \
clean out the /var/cache/apt/archives, but as I have another FC3 install, and wanted \
to avoid DL'ing on dial-up all the updates again, I, again using superuser \
filemanager, got rid of (or thought I'd got rid of) all the older RPM's in the \
archive, then I copied the rest to a FAT32 partition that I'd set up for back-up \
stuff.  Now you've explained the situation, I suppose I'd better check out all my \
distro's, but I do think it would have made more sense to have "delete" in the \
context menu as default along with send to trash, as when you seem to be presented \
with only one option (send to trash) you sort of think that the stuff you don't want \
is gone.  Or perhaps a superuser trashcan on the desktop. I did look for one in \
/usr/share/applications/kde, but no such luck. Thanks again for making all clear. \