List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] kde-3.5 and recognising jpg's
From:       Rick Miles <rickfrm () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2005-12-08 12:05:32

I have a slackware-10.2 system with kde-3.5 with slackware packages from the
kde mirror. Any suggestions on this problem ill be most appreciated

It seems as if I have just lost the ability to have kde recognise jpg files
but why? I have not changed anything on the system or installed/removed any
libraries or software.

Tonight while working in scribus I lost the ability to preview jpg's in
konqueror. Also when I right click unpreviewed .jpg files I am no longer
given the options of any graphics program in "Open With". Further, kuickshow
will not even list .jpgs in its file manager.

This happened once before several weeks with last kde-release candidate and I
never did sort out the problem but rather did a reinstall with stock
slack-10.2 kde. I installed stable 3.5 about a week ago and had no problems
with .jpg's until just now.

TIA

--
Cheers,

Rick Miles

Movement stopped is no movement,
and rest set in motion is no rest.

Written on Boomtime, the 50th of The Aftermath, 3171
Celebrate Afflux
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rickfrm/