List:       kde
Subject:    [kde] Konqueror 'REPLY & 'FORWARD' buttons now disappeared since
From:       JACKIE AINSWORTH <jackieinbosham () btopenworld ! com>
Date:       2005-12-07 20:27:05

Hi,
Linux newbie's persevering:

kitts@hotpop.com
kevin.krammer@gmx.at

Thanks for insights and suggestions about two days
ago.06 Dec 2005 :17:19:51 +0100

Seems you two got some insight? You wrote to each
other :- "As far as I understand it, they are
currently using the Yahoo web mail interface, so their
initial report that some button wasn't working in
Konqueror actually makes sense.  OOPS! I am sorry. It
did not strike me until now! :-) "

We went with your initial suggestions, and tries
'Help' Contact at our ISP BY Yahoo.com. Initially we
got 'Field' Message popped up :
"JavaScript-Konqueror (X) unsupportedbrowser: unable
to detect the status of ICM installation". On 6
Dec.17:39:18 GMT We got acknowledgement promising in
touch A.S.A.P. from noreply@byinternet.com to our Help
Request:-
"Please, 1) Which 'MAIL CLIENT' am I using? Am I using
'Pop or 'Imap'?
Thre 'REPLY' & 'FORWARD' BUTTONS on the email
programme stopped working so we need to know the name
of the 'MAIL CLIENT'?  I want to continue to use my
opensource webbrowser namely: 'Konqueror' from KDE.org
Distributed by Novell www.suse.de I do not wish to be
redirected to use a monopoly propietory operating
system and Webrowser. We are making a commercial
choice to use a LINUX Operating System."  -  We are to
date awaiting the promised investigation from BT
yahoo. (Last time we contacted them about a problem
they suggested we changed to a Microsoft O/S)
We 'right clicked' to veiw document source on BT Yahoo
home page which would NOT print, but wonder if these
jottings provide any clues:
"KonquerornjqNlc.html-Kwrite Konqueror
pg8L4a.html.GeneratingPRINTdatapage 49
mail.yahoo.com "wmailmain" KonqAQngkd-html.
<--web86008.mail-ukl.yahoo.com compressed/chunked wed
Dec. 19.24:13 GMT-->
Also the 'REPLY' & 'FORWARD' buttons have SINCE
DISAPPEARED!!! (?)
Are we stumbling upon any useful clues yet please? Are
you free to give us any? We can feed back to
kde@mail.kde.org if BT Yahoo do eventually reply.
Sehr Danke/Thanks very much
and Tchuss/Cheers,
Jim & Jackie.